Come help Axelerant make happiness possible for yourself and others as our next DevOps Engineer. We’re a services company dedicated to making the world a happier place and we want more like-minded, passionate, communicative, and giving folks to join us.
As an Axelerant DevOps Engineer, you will be coding or scripting using Chef and other products and tools along with communicating and collaborating with others. You’re expected to have a holistic view of Axelerant’s technical environments and help forward the organizational infrastructure as a competitive technological advantage. You know, cool usable tech that others dream of…
Beyond assisting in the design and deployment of new applications, enhancements to existing applications, and operating systems, you’re required to contribute to internal and external product engineering. You’ll help assist with the design and performing of server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
One last note, you’re responsible for the continuous improvement of our technical operations. Wait, we kind of said that already; well, it’s that important to state again.
If you’re looking for your exact responsibilities, bah humbug. We're a real world organization, and there're going to be times when the unexpected happens, and you’re going to need to step up. We don’t know what it’s going to be or when, but it’ll be a challenge; it could be boring, or it could be something amazing. Either way we get through together, as a team.
Past the role itself, as a person, when you don’t know the answer or are not sure what’s next, be willing to say such and go find out. If you’ve got something to share, do so, whether in our Slack channels or on our blog.
Ultimately, we’re about getting the right things done at the right time and those who are enthusiastic, open, and giving about whatever they’re masters of, will fit into Axelerant.
We’re an organization with team members spread across multiple cultures and time zones. As such, you must be self-motivated in finding the right things to do and communicating proactively in English with the rest of the team.
- Inferred above.
- If not clear enough, you’ll probably be doing whatever it is you’re thinking of.
- If still not clear enough, you probably won’t fit into Axelerant.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Respond to infrastructure needs 24x7, but not when on vacation
- Experience with IT and data center operations
- Comfortable with with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Ability to architect complex systems, networks
- Experience in working with product engineering teams
- Experience with backup and restoration processes and their tools
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication, and crossing functional groups
- Advanced understanding of web hosting
- Advanced user of Linux command line
- Strong experience in any of the Gnu/Linux environment
- Experience in any of the Virtualization Stacks
- Application Stacks: LAMP, Nginx/HAproxy/AT
- Can use any of the Configuration Management Tools
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Cacti, Emacs/Vim
- Use GIT like a master
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple support tickets at same time
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with other team members
- Experience on Debian or Debian based operating systems
- Packaging experience for internal products and tools
- Open Source upstream contributions
- Vim/Emacs user; Orgmode; Ability to type 45+ WPM
- Familiar with Amazon, Rackspace, and Openstack
- Hands on with LXC and Docker
- DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts
- Hands on Chef
- Previous product owner or stakeholder
- Entrepreneur/Intrapreneur experience
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
- Remote. Work from anywhere(home, coworking space, cafe, roadside)
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks with self motivation
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call availability week-long
- Graveyard availability for production outages 24x7 (Rare cases)
At days end Axelerant is a enthusiastic, open, and giving software company of empowered and distributed teams who leverage and contribute to open source software to help clients with their mission. We provide high-end strategy, implementation, and support services for our partners.
Our team members span the world and we follow agile delivery processes. Further, we’re actively giving back to many open source communities and have fostered an innovative, incubator culture to give ideas a chance to succeed.
Perks of Being at Axelerant
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus bereavement, maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
- Annual retreats, quarterly townhalls, and monthly celebrations.
- Group health insurance
- Engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations.
- Extremely flexible work hours.
- Hackathons and community contributions.
- Professional development, certifications, and training.
- Referral bonuses.
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance.
- Work from home or anywhere via location independence.