Do you have a passion for design, software, testing, and automation? Do you enjoy leading quality engineering teams, and using / evangelising automated software testing to ensure the delivery of quality solutions? Ready to ditch the commute and work from wherever is comfortable to you? Axelerant is looking for a leader like yourself to choose our team.
- Understand, communicate, and align team contributions to strategic company direction, vision, and values
- Work with peers and management on many levels to establish relationships and understand priorities to help drive the team’s day-to-day work
- Recommend process improvements to achieve higher levels of software quality and meet overall business objectives
- Provide personal and career path guidance
- Develop team member performance through 1:1s and formal reviews
- Nurture a culture of engagement through leading by example and enthusiasm
- Develop problem analysis, estimating, and development of testing practices and processes
- Develop and mentor advances in testing strategies and approaches to optimising testing effectiveness
- Develop, adopt, and adapt Agile testing practices
- Design and review implementation of the test automation framework and automated test suites.
- Work with cross functional teams to tailor test strategies to ensure and increase software quality
- Review and manage test plans and schedules on multiple projects concurrently
- 3-5 years of directly managing, leading, and working closely with software quality and automation engineers
- Experience supervising staff and making technical and resource decisions
- Experience providing work direction and coaching for software quality teams
- Able to evaluate employee performance and establish a path to success
- Able to create a climate of collaboration and teamwork in order to build trusted relationships amongst team members and coworkers
- Able to adapt quickly to situational changes and bring the team through changes with minimal disruption
- Hands on experience working on test automation framework and creating automated tests
- Hands on experience using PHP, Behat, Python, REST APIs, Selenium, or other frameworks/scripting languages
- Solid understanding of general software development lifecycle and methodologies, especially Agile and Scrum
- Understanding and experience with CI & CD practices like automated tests, builds, and deployments
- Demonstrated history of staying current on best practices in technology
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, along with a strong work ethic
At days end Axelerant is a enthusiastic, open, and giving software company of empowered and distributed teams who leverage and contribute to open source software to help clients with their mission. We provide high-end strategy, implementation, and support services for our partners.
Our team members span the world and we follow agile delivery processes. Further, we’re actively giving back to many open source communities and have fostered an innovative, incubator culture to give ideas a chance to succeed.
Perks of Being at Axelerant
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity and sabbatical allowances.
- Annual retreats, townhalls, and monthly celebrations.
- Group health insurance.
- Engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations.
- Extremely flexible work hours.
- Hackathons and community contributions.
- Professional development, certifications, and training.
- Referral bonuses.
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance.
- Work from home or anywhere via location independence.