As Axelerant's Scala Developer, you will have the opportunity to stay at the forefront of technology and apply a principled approach to software engineering, as well as having the opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting projects with our partners using Scala, Akka, Kafka, Kinesis, and Dynamo. We aim to build software that is distributed, reactive and scalable.
Ready to ditch the commute and work from wherever is comfortable to you? Axelerant is looking for awesome people like yourself to choose our team.
- Solve complex problems using the most appropriate polyglot architecture
- Be involved in a lively and challenging environment
- Use the latest technologies and tools on modern hardware at scale
- Work on challenging and varied business domains
- Develop your technical understanding to support and build your career
- Demonstrable working experience with the Lightbend Reactive Platform, particularly Scala, Akka & Play
- Experience creating scalable and reactive web applications with modern frameworks such as Play, ScalaJS, AngularJS, ReactJS
- Knowledge of applying object-oriented and functional programming styles to real-world software engineering problems
- Demonstrable understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices
- A strong understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- An appetite to learn new technologies and a drive for continual improvement
- A keen interest in technology and self-improvement. Examples include having an active Github account or completion of relevant Coursera courses
- Contributions to the technical community, either through blogs, internal workshops, meetups or conferences
As a global company that puts care into employee happiness, engineering excellence, and customer success, we are in striking contrast to the typical outsourcing option.
We started as an idea in 2005 to build a unique, fully-distributed team with the right set of employee benefits. Today we have engineering career ladders, a staff as stakeholders approach, and a focus on success management. We are a diverse team working remotely across many timezones, with success stories that back up capabilities, and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers. We are the individuals directly challenging what it means to do global delivery differently for employees and partners.
- Work from home or anywhere via location independence.
- Extremely flexible work hours.
- An engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations.
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave (inclusive of bereavement leave) plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
- Group health insurance.
- Professional development, certifications, and trainings.
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance.
- BYOD assistance
- Hackathons and community contributions.
- Annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations.
- Referral bonuses