Our Front-end Technical Architect is a beacon of trusted and transferable in-depth domain knowledge, often in multiple areas within Axelerant. Technical architects exert influence across many Drupal-based projects, providing insight and guidance to leaders and teams, helping inform on final solutions.
Technical Architects are experienced consultants and professional leaders with the wisdom to judge which of the latest tools and industry trends are worth exploring and relevant to Axelerant.
A Technical Architect at Axelerant could progress to a Director role within five years.
- Accountable for leveraging Drupal technologies into robust, scalable web applications when relevant
- Responsible to guide technical discussions with technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Accountable for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Accountable to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible to transform requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible to document incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- 10+ years of developing front-end applications
- 3+ years of Drupal front-end development experience
- 3+ years of experience with agile methodologies for teams
- 3+ years of experience of using Git and Pull Requests
- 3+ years of experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction to enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush and Composer
Nice to Have
- Actively contributing to open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Drupal 8 experience with Twig, theme suggestions, variable encoding on a page for JS, preprocessors desired
- Experience building offline experiences and Progressive Web Applications
- Expertise in building Single Page Applications using frameworks like Angular, Vue, or React
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and integration with CMSes.
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, or Circle).
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with Node.js and NPM ecosystem.
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
- Understand how back-end applications work
- Understand BDD and TDD and willing to write the test automation
Though you can work from home for all of Axelerant's role, our salaries are typically paid per India-based compensation plans. Further, you might be required to have a two- to four-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone each workday for meetings and coaching.
We began as an idea in 2012 to build a unique, work from anywhere professional services organization with empowering benefits for our team members. Today, we have achieved that and are continuously improving our career, feedback, performance, and recognition management programs. Further, leadership can happen by anyone, at any time from within Axelerant's team.
We're a very collaborative bunch of enthusiastic achievers who are being open about how we're doing it and kind to make people feel welcome in all that we do. So, when you're excited about learning from and helping others – you'll find a great home here.
Discover the Axelerant Difference
Axelerant is an open organization with fantastic team members and a rocking 4.8/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 100+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world.
Diverse and Inclusive
We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Kindness and openness are core values at Axelerant, and when you qualify for a role, we will make an effort to include and accommodate you, even when that looks different than it seems for others. E.g., non-standard work hours, specialized work equipment, modified work agreements.
Remote & Flexible
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you're comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
Our culture is distinctive. We do everything in our power to create an empowered and fulfilling work environment for team members.
We're always teaching and learning. Peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us when you're contributing to those events.
Retreats & Meetups
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.