Our Frontend Technical Architect is a beacon of trusted and transferable in-depth domain knowledge, often in multiple areas within Axelerant. Technical architects exert influence across many Drupal-based projects, providing insight and guidance to leaders and teams, helping inform on final solutions.
Technical Architects are experienced consultants and professional leaders with the wisdom to judge which of the latest tools and industry trends are worth exploring and relevant to Axelerant.
A Technical Architect at Axelerant could progress to a Director role within five years.
- Accountable for leveraging Drupal technologies into robust, scalable web applications when relevant
- Responsible to guide technical discussions with technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Accountable for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Accountable to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible to transform requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible to document incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- 10+ years of developing frontend applications
- 3+ years of Drupal frontend development experience
- 3+ years of experience with agile methodologies for teams
- 3+ years of experience of using Git and Pull Requests
- 3+ years of experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction to enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush and Composer
Nice to Have:
- Actively contributing to open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Drupal 8 experience with Twig, theme suggestions, variable encoding on a page for JS, preprocessors desired
- Experience building offline experiences and Progressive Web Applications
- Expertise in building Single Page Applications using frameworks like Angular, Vue, or React
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and integration with CMSes.
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, or Circle).
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with Node.js and NPM ecosystem.
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
- Understand how back-end applications work
- Understand BDD and TDD and willing to write the test automation
Axelerant is a distributed, work from anywhere, people-orientated software development company serving media agencies. We have a proven amazing and distinctive culture with our Axelerant Difference and 4.8/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 130+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world who deliver business value through open-source-based applications.
In 2012, we began as an idea to build a remote organization with empowering benefits for our team members. We are a diverse team working across many time zones, with success stories that back up capabilities and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers.
We're always teaching and learning – peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally. So, when you're excited about learning from and helping others – you'll find a great home here.
All of Axelerant's roles are considered work from anywhere. However, some jobs are regionally specific due to sales or other onsite considerations. For example, when living in Costa Rica and applying for a US sales role, we will not consider you for that job opening.
Except for regionally specific jobs, like UK/US-based account executives or Canadian-based software contributors, our salaries are paid per India-based compensation plans.
Also, we typically expect people to have a two-to-four-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone each workday for meetings and coaching.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axelerant provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Remote & Flexible:
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you're comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us to attend when you're contributing locally and beyond.
Retreats & Meetups:
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.