You’ve got a degree, but you need to use it. You’ve a love for development, but you don’t have enough experience. It’s time for your first real job. But you don’t want a job—you want a career.
This position is for you.
At Axelerant, we are looking for Software Graduate Trainee to join us as a part of Axelerant Academy Program initiative for first six months—and on successful completion, an opportunity to work with Axelerant full-time will be yours.
You will work alongside amazingly talented people who will train and mentor you to gain relevant skills and experience. Under the guidance of the development team you will directly contribute by engaging in hands-on tasks on client projects to build robust and scalable web applications alongside training.
This program will bridge the gap between academic learning and current industry skills for recent college graduates by providing support and guidance within the Open Source community. The academy is going to follow a flipped-classroom style which will enrich the learning experience.
- Develop software to meet requirements in accordance with the development team
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals, and accessing new applications
- Work in an agile DevOps team owning and operating the services you build
- Demonstrate passion for high quality software design and development skills to develop scalable web applications
- Proactive and thorough communication with team members
- Should be a self starter and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Be a recent college graduate (0-2 years) or soon to be one
- Have a Computer Science or Engineering backgrounds (preferred), although exceptional candidates from all backgrounds will be considered
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing)
- Knowledge of LAMP stack and basic HTML / CSS
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong programming and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- A good sense of humor (not really a requirement, but it helps!)
- Passion for the web, Open Source development, and for helping us contribute
- Knowledge of or experience with CMS technologies like Drupal, WordPress etc and/or open-source technologies is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Structured training scheme to help you succeed
- Personal mentor to help you learn and progress your software development career
- Work from home or anywhere via location independence post training program
- Extremely flexible work hours
- An engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave (inclusive of bereavement leave) plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
- Group health insurance
- Professional development, certifications, and trainings
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance
- BYOD assistance—we’ll cover 50% of purchase or repair costs up to 50,000 INR
- Hackathons and community contributions
- Annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations
- Referral bonuses
More About Axelerant
As a global company that puts care into employee happiness, engineering excellence, and customer success, we are in striking contrast to the typical outsourcing option. We are a diverse team working remotely across many time zones, with success stories that backup capabilities, and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers. We are the individuals directly challenging what it means to do global delivery differently for employees and partners.
There are people all over the world who are passionate about making digital transformations happen with Open Source. The real adventure is bringing them together to do it. We started as an idea in 2005 to build a unique, fully-distributed team with the right set of employee benefits. Today we have engineering career ladders, a staff as stakeholders approach, and a focus on success management.