A Senior Front-end Developer demonstrates a broad depth of domain understanding, with commercial experience in multiple aspects, platforms, and frameworks. They are often seen as the delivery powerhouses on principally Drupal-based projects where they support leaders with decision making, especially around systems architecture.
A Senior Front-end Developer’s breadth of knowledge makes them exceptional domain problem solvers and core contributors to the community through demonstrations and guidelines. They are well-respected for their domain abilities and authority at Axelerant.
A Senior Front-end Developer at Axelerant could progress to a Technical Architect role within four years.
- Responsible for designing and building high-traffic Front-end applications with non-trivial content structure and functionality
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible for mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for complex Front-end development tasks including custom libraries development
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Responsible for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Responsible to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible for transforming requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- 6+ years of relevant career experience
- 2+ years of experience using agile methodologies
- 2+ years of experience using Git source code versioning and platforms like GitHub or Gitlab
- 2+ years of working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Experience with Drupal development technologies such as Drush and Composer
Nice to Have:
- Able to collaborate in a multi-time zone environment
- 2+ years of Drupal experience
- Actively contributing to open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Committed to delivering high-quality software on time
- Desire to learn and adapt through boring and innovative methodologies and technologies
- Drupal 8 experience with Twig, theme suggestions, and preprocessing
- Experience building offline experiences and Progressive Web Applications
- Expertise in building Single Page Applications using frameworks like Angular, Vue, or React
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and integration with CMSes.
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, or Circle).
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with Git, using the terminal, and managing Front-end systems with package managers such as NPM and tools like Gulp
- Experience with Node.js and NPM ecosystem.
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
- Expert knowledge of CSS tools and methodologies such as Sass, PostCSS, OOCSS, SMACSS, BEM
- Understand how backend applications work
- Understand BDD and TDD and willing to write the test automation
Though you can work from home for all of Axelerant's roles, except for specific regional jobs, like Account Executive UK/US, our salaries are typically paid per India-based compensation plans. Further, you might be required to have a two- to four-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone each workday for meetings and coaching.
We began as an idea in 2012 to build a unique, work from anywhere professional services organization with empowering benefits for our team members. Today, we have achieved that and are continuously improving our career, feedback, performance, and recognition management programs. Further, leadership can happen by anyone, at any time from within Axelerant's team.
We're a very collaborative bunch of enthusiastic achievers who are being open about how we're doing it and kind to make people feel welcome in all that we do. So, when you're excited about learning from and helping others – you'll find a great home here.
Discover the Axelerant Difference
Axelerant is an open organization with fantastic team members and a rocking 4.8/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 100+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world.
Diverse and Inclusive
We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Kindness and openness are core values at Axelerant, and when you qualify for a role, we will make an effort to include and accommodate you, even when that looks different than it seems for others. E.g., non-standard work hours, specialized work equipment, modified work agreements.
Remote & Flexible
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you're comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
Our culture is distinctive. We do everything in our power to create an empowered and fulfilling work environment for team members.
We're always teaching and learning. Peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us when you're contributing to those events.
Retreats & Meetups
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.