Project Managers at Axelerant are responsible for managing the implementation of resources and billable team members on primarily Drupal web-based engagements. The PM is responsible for making sure projects are completed within a certain set of pre-defined constraints. These include schedule, budget, personnel and material constraints. The project should adhere to Axelerant’s policies and standards for generating exceptionally high-quality work.
Be polite, yet assertive while owning the agile management of account engagements
- KPI Key Process Adherence
- Accountable for engagement kickoff activities, initial discovery, and the living-documentation thereof
- Accountable for backlog grooming and defining of user stories
- Accountable for release planning and overcoming service level agreement constraints
- Accountable for coordinating stakeholder interactions towards timely, accepted releases
- Accountable for key system management tasks per relevant timings. E.g., Documentation, retrospectives, standups, etc.
Cultivate positive account interactions
- KPI Customer Net Promoter Score
- Responsible for risk identification and their mitigation of account requests
- Accountable for timely closure of quality concerns
- Accountable for team demos and sharing outcomes with the engagement oversight team
- Support invoicing of account engagement activities
Cultivate positive product, project, and support engagement team interactions
- KPI Directed Teams Engagement Score
- Accountable for healthy engagement-related team member conversations
- Accountable for team retrospectives and sharing outcomes with the success management team
- Responsible for outlining case study opportunities
- Responsible for the engagement's delivery improvement program
Regularly participate in personalized career development activities
- Accountable for monthly 1-1 conversation, feedback, and recognition sessions for self and team members
- Support weekly success management team review and topical meetings
- Accountable for own CSM and CSPO certifications, within a year of joining
- Accountable for own ITIL Foundation certification when support engagements, within a year of joining
- A minimum of three years of experience in managing projects in the IT industry
- Familiarity with MS Project or similar project scheduling software
- Excellent people management, communication (including written) and negotiating skills
- Willingness to work in participative management environments
- Willingness to work on multiple projects at a time and handle multiple geographically distributed team members in a semi-agile environment
- A proactive approach to planning, monitoring and execution
- Willingness to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with frequent deliveries
- Project Management Certifications from PMI (PMP/Prince2), ITIL, CSM from Scrum Alliance
- Management experience in Drupal, WordPress, TYPO3, PHP or other open source technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
As a global company that puts care into employee happiness, engineering excellence, and customer success, we are in striking contrast to the typical outsourcing option.
We started as an idea in 2005 to build a unique, fully-distributed team with the right set of employee benefits. Today we have engineering career ladders, a staff as stakeholders approach, and a focus on success management. We are a diverse team working remotely across many timezones, with success stories that back up capabilities, and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers. We are the individuals directly challenging what it means to do global delivery differently for employees and partners.
- Extremely flexible work hours.
- A culture that encourages community contributions and organizes hackathons.
- An engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) assistance—we’ll cover 50 percent of the purchase or repair costs for your device.
- 35 days per year of consolidated leave (inclusive of bereavement leave, sick leave and 12 holidays) plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
- Health insurance which covers immediate family members (yourself, father, mother, spouse and up to two children).
- Monthly fitness allowance to support your fitness goals.
- Monthly meetup allowance to encourage in-person meetups with your teammates.
- One-time home office allowance to help you set up a productive workplace if you're planning to work from home.
- Co-working allowance to support working from a co-working space if that environment keeps you engaged and productive.
- Continuous learning allowance for professional development, certifications, and training.
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance.
- Annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations.
- Referral bonuses.