Come help Axelerant make happiness possible for yourself and others as our next Project Manager. We’re an incubator for innovative products and services created to make the world a happier place and we want more like-minded, passionate, communicative, and giving folks to join us.
Axelerant's Project Manager will provide a consultative and customer oriented style to project management, communications, business analysis and situational leadership.
Past the role itself, as a person, when you don’t know the answer or are not sure what’s next, be willing to say such and find out. If you’ve got something to share, do so, whether in our Slack channels or on our blog.
We’re an organisation with team members spread across multiple cultures and time zones. As such, you must be self-motivated in finding the right things to do and communicating proactively in English with the rest of the team.
Ultimately, we’re about getting the right things done at the right time and those who are enthusiastic, open, and giving about whatever they’re masters of, will fit into Axelerant.
- Managing and leading the project team.
- Negotiating and recruiting project staff on need basis.
- Managing coordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
- Working closely with Sales & Delivery Management to ensure the project meets business needs.
- Work with geographically distributed client timelines
- Participate in regular portfolio calls for intra-project knowledge sharing.
- Self-knowledge management via participations in webinars, workshops, trainings events.
- Detailed project planning and control
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Regular project control on the basis of project constraints (Time, Cost, Scope)
- Providing relevant status reports to the project stakeholders.
- Managing team member trainings within the defined budget.
- Liaises with, and updates progress to senior management.
- Managing project evaluation and dissemination activities.
- Continuous and proactive risk management during the entire execution cycle.
- Identifying team training needs and devising and managing user training programmes.
- Should have a minimum of 3 years experience in managing projects as a “Project Manager” in IT-Software
- Should know MS Project or any other similar project scheduling software
- Have excellent people management, communication (including written) and negotiating skills
- Be willing to work in participative management environments
- Willing to work on multiple projects at one time and handle multiple geographically separated team members in a semi-agile environment
- Have a proactive in approach to planning, monitoring and execution
- Be willing to work in high-pressure fast-paced environment with frequent deliveries, if needed
- Project Management Certifications from PMI (PMP/Prince2), ITIL, CSM from Scrum Alliance
- Managed Drupal, WordPress, TYPO3, PHP or any open source technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
At days end Axelerant is an enthusiastic, open, and giving software company of empowered and distributed teams who leverage and contribute to open source software to help clients with their mission. We provide high-end strategy, implementation, and support services for our partners
Our team members span the world and we follow agile delivery processes. Further, we’re actively giving back to many open source communities and have fostered an innovative, incubator culture to give ideas a chance to succeed.
Perks Of Being At Axelerant
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave (inclusive of bereavement leave) plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
- Our BYOD assistance terms are simple. We’ll cover 50% of purchase or repair costs up to 50,000 INR.
- Annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations.
- Group health insurance.
- An engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations.
- Extremely flexible work hours.
- Hackathons and community contributions.
- Professional development, certifications, and training.
- Referral bonuses.
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance.
- Work from home or anywhere via location independence.