At Axelerant, we are looking for a Project Coordinator responsible for managing staff allocation across all our engagements. This is a hands-on role, interacting with consultants, sales, account success managers, project managers, and engineers. You will be highly responsible for ensuring that Axelerant meets its business and customer satisfaction goals through effective and efficient staffing.
- Assigning people to projects based on their skills, previous experience, availability, or project budget across all engagement types as per staffing requests.
- Setting right priorities in staffing allocations considering project constraints, account needs, and team member motivations.
- Reviewing project planning and supporting PMs to ensure staffing is optimal, keeping in mind constraints such as budget, schedule, and team member skill levels.
- Deal with changing conditions and staffing availability, and find solutions to resource management conflicts as they occur in ongoing projects.
- Collaborating with partners network to make staffing available.
- Setup and manage mechanisms for team members to raise transition requests or share preferences relating to staffing allocations while collaborating with PMs and service area directors.
- Flag any risks, bottlenecks from a staffing point of view that may impact projects, opportunities, or strategies and Collaborate with team members, project managers, and directors to resolve the same.
- Manage, curate, and ensure adoption of programs such as Skills cloud that facilitate continuous improvement in staffing operations.
- Collaborate with recruitment teams to review progress and adjustments needed in hiring targets as per set priorities to ensure they are on track.
- Getting visibility of upcoming projects and required capacity from account managers.
- Collaborate with account managers in qualifying upcoming projects and opportunity planning from a staffing point of view and to Understand the visibility of project extensions per phase or as change requests etc.
- Identify gaps in capacity availability vs forecasted needs, take corrective action to address these gaps.
- Make sure that the organization's staffing available has enough capacity to deliver upcoming projects for a particular time period.
Reporting & Tools
- Monitoring staff utilization, workload, overtime/beach hours as per required cadence
- Analyze relevant utilization reports to suggest corrective measures or next steps as needed
- Collect and maintain a clear view of all team members qualifications, skills, and engagement history through skill matrix
- Act as product owner for relevant systems required to carry out staffing decisions
- Managing and updating the people planning dashboard to ensure relevant stakeholders are apprised of staffing decisions.
- 6+ years of experience in project coordination and resource management
- 2+ years of experience using agile methodologies
- 2+ years of working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks, make fluid decisions based on dynamic variables, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Highly collaborative working style including supporting multiple cultures/time zones.
- Ability to analyze and create metrics that help to drive business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgments with a focus on getting things done
- Robust attention to detail, and ability to multitask, and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient user of technology with strong spreadsheet skills - Jira and Tempo Planner a plus
Axelerant is a distributed, work from anywhere, people-orientated software development company serving media agencies. We have a proven amazing and distinctive culture with our Axelerant Difference and 4.8/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 130+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world who deliver business value through open-source-based applications.
In 2012, we began as an idea to build a remote organization with empowering benefits for our team members. We are a diverse team working across many time zones, with success stories that back up capabilities and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers.
We're always teaching and learning – peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally. So, when you're excited about learning from and helping others – you'll find a great home here.
All of Axelerant's roles are considered work from anywhere. However, some jobs are regionally specific due to sales or other onsite considerations. For example, when living in Costa Rica and applying for a US sales role, we will not consider you for that job opening.
Except for regionally specific jobs, like UK/US-based account executives or Canadian-based software contributors, our salaries are paid per India-based compensation plans.
Also, we typically expect people to have a two-to-four-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone each workday for meetings and coaching.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axelerant provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Remote & Flexible:
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you're comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us to attend when you're contributing locally and beyond.
Retreats & Meetups:
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.