- Accountable for leveraging Drupal technologies into robust, scalable web applications when relevant
- Responsible to guide technical discussions with technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Accountable for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them as needed
- Accountable to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; look for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible to transform requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible to document incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- 6+ years of developing front-end applications
- 3+ years of Drupal front-end development experience
- Able to build high-performance, highly scalable technology platforms
- Enthusiastic for web, open-source development, and helping Axelerant successfully grow
- Excellent understanding of Drupal and using Drupal tools such as Drush and Composer
- Experience building CMS front-ends
- Experience building offline experiences and Progressive Web Applications
- Experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction with enterprise-level clients preferred
- Expertise in building Single Page Applications using frameworks like Angular, Vue, or React
- Proficient with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Understand common Agile methodologies and how they are applied in a team
- Understand of how back-end applications work
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Drupal 8 experience with Twig, theme suggestions, variable encoding on a page for JS, preprocessors desired
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and integration with CMSes.
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, or Circle).
- Experience with Node.js and NPM ecosystem.
- Knowledge of or experience with other CMS and open-source technologies
- Understanding modern cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Understanding of BDD and TDD and willing to write the test automation
Though all of Axelerant’s roles are work from anywhere, we are India-based for salaries and work timings. Explicitly, we expect people to typically have at least a five-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone workday.
We began as an idea in 2005 to build a unique, work from anywhere professional services organization with empowering benefits for our team members. Today, we have achieved that and are continuously improving our career, feedback, performance, and recognition management programs. Further, leadership can happen by anyone, at any time from within Axelerant's team.
We're a very collaborative bunch of enthusiastic achievers who are being open about how we're doing it and kind to make people feel welcome in all that we do. So, when you're excited about learning from and helping others – you'll find a great home here.
Discover the Axelerant Difference
Axelerant is an open organization with fantastic team members and a rocking 4.8/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 100+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world.
Remote & Flexible
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you're comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
Our culture is distinctive. We do everything in our power to create an empowered and fulfilling work environment for team members.
We're always teaching and learning. Peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us when you're contributing to those events.
Retreats & Meetups
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.